Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a recipe from my ABM's manual. Be advised that this is more of a savory bread than a sweet bread, but it is very delish! A very nice bread to serve as a side to soups or to make into french toast!!! Make sure you cook it on the sweet bread cycle and light crust! Recipe is for a 1 lb loaf
Top Review by Annacia
DH says "thank you" with a big smile! He just loves raisin bread and I don't make it all that often for some reason. Anyway, I found that it needed another 1/4 cup of water in order to knead well in the machine, used Splenda for the sugar, used 60% whole wheat flour, doubled the raisins and skipped the nuts. The loaf was baked in the oven (after using the dough cycle on the machine) @350 for 35 mins. The result was a lovely, very well risen, light, moist and tender bread..........and one very happy hubby. Thanks JB :D
- 3⁄4 cup water (80 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (either quick or regular)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (pecans work as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients EXCEPT FOR THE CINNAMON, RAISINS AND WALNUTS in the bread machine in the order your ABM recommends (mine recommends adding them in the order I have the ingredients written with water on the bottom and the yeast on the top, however I have been told that other ABM's recommend the dry ingredients first followed by the wet).
- Close lid and turn bread machine on. . . use the "sweet bread" setting and the "light crust" setting.
- When the bread machine beeps, add the cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Close lid and let the bread machine continue cooking the bread.