Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Modified from "The Biggest Book Of Bread Machine Recipes," my 5 yr old son loves helping me make this, and even more, he enjoys devouring it. It makes a 1.5 pound loaf. It's supposed to be great when slices are toasted, but we never get it to last that long. A video of this being made can be seen on YouTube, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IfHOJpC21U
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (we used Kosher salt, no added iodine)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 3⁄4 cup dark raisin
- Put ingredients into hopper according to your bread machine's instructions.
- Select 1 1/2 pound loaf size.
- Select "basic white bread" setting (if applicable).
- Push "Start".
This is a really nice raisin bread! Not all that sweet and plenty of cinnamon. I used my stand mixer and baked in the oven with great results. Delicious plain or toasted with butter or peanut butter. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013
The texture of the bread is excellent but there is not enough raisins. I add 1 more cup of raisins to get it the way I like it.