Yummy yeast bread that can be made with or without a bread machine.....great for morning breakfasts!
- Place water, milk, shortening, salt, flour, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select cycle; press Start.
- If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the raisins at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
- Take dough out after first kneading cycle has finished.
- (If you don't have a bread machine just knead by hand for a good 10 min, or until throughoully combined).
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Roll dough, and divide into two parts.
- Place loaves in two lightly greased 9x5 inch bread pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush tops of risen loaves with melted butter and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until crust is brown and loaves sound hollow when tapped.