Recipe by MollyLin
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Fall Freezer Meals. I have not tried it yet so the cook times are approximate. Freezer instructions are included.
Top Review by pammyowl
Pretty good! I cut the sugar in half, and still found it very sweet. I'd cut it even more next time! I usually make cinnamon raisin bread with yeast, so this is a quick alternative! Thanks for posting. Made for PAC 212
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml sugar, divided
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 14.78 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- Spoon half of the batter into 2 greased 8x4 inch loaf pans. Sprinkle with half of the reserved cinnamon-sugar; repeat layers. Cut through the batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO USE FROZEN BREAD: Thaw at room temperature.