1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Raisin Bread
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- 2Stir in 1 3/4 cups warm water, 3 tablespoons sugar, the salt, shortening and 3 1/2 cups of the flour.
- 3Beat until smooth.
- 4Mix in raisins and enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 5Place in greased bowl, turn greased side up.
- 6Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour.
- 7(Dough is ready if an indentation remains when touched.) Punch down dough; divide into halves.
- 8Roll each half into rectangle, 18 x 9-inches.
- 9Mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- 10Sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoon water and half the sugar mixture. Roll up and place in pans.
- 11Brush with butter; let rise 1 hour.
- 12Bake at 425 degrees f or 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g