Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I just had this passed on to me, i haven't tried it yet, but it sounds so easy to make.Will give it a shot tonight. I put the servings as 24 as it makes 2 loafs, about 12 slices each.
- In large bowl combine flour,soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl beat 1-1/2 cups sugar and oil, beat in eggs and buttermilk untill combined.
- Stir into dry ingredients just untill moistened.
- Fold in raisins.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar-set aside.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into 2 greased loaf pans, sprikle with 1/2 of the reserved cinnamon-sugar.Repeat layers.
- Cut through batter with knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 min or untill toothpick in center coes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 min before removing to wire racks.
Me and my church group loved it! Not too sweet, not too bland either. Very easy. Although, I'm adding 1 to 1 1/2 cups of raisins this time.
I also made only 1 loaf but I did use the raisins. Very nice and moist with just the right amount of sugar and cinnamon. We really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Hi Sherri, I must agree with Brenda. This is very moist and tasty, but I can't eat two loaves so I cut the recipe, also I used cranberries as I had no raisins but it was still very nice. I liked the cinnamon flavour. Thanks for a very nice recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2010