Recipe by sherri H
I just had this passed on to me, i haven't tried it yet, but it sounds so easy to make.Will give it a shot tonight. I put the servings as 24 as it makes 2 loafs, about 12 slices each.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine flour,soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl beat 1-1/2 cups sugar and oil, beat in eggs and buttermilk untill combined.
- Stir into dry ingredients just untill moistened.
- Fold in raisins.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar-set aside.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into 2 greased loaf pans, sprikle with 1/2 of the reserved cinnamon-sugar.Repeat layers.
- Cut through batter with knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 min or untill toothpick in center coes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 min before removing to wire racks.