Prep 2 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Easy recipe - my 14 year old son made this for a 4-H project
Make and share this Cinnamon Raisin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Place raisins in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 mintues. Drain well.
- Heat milk over low heat in a small, heavy saucepan; remove from heat.
- Add butter to pan, stir until butter melts.
- Combine 2 3/4 cups flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and yeast in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add warm milk mixture and 2 eggs to flour mixture, and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Add raisins.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead about 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will still feel tacky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 14 x 7 rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll up rectangle tightly, starting with a short edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place roll, seam side down, in a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 mintues or until loaf is browned on bottom and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.