Prep 3 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Given to me by a friend. My family really enjoys this.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Add ingredients one at a time to bread machine following the list in order until you reach the filling.
- Set machine to dough cycle.
- Add raisins at the beep.
- Remove the dough at the end of the cycle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into a 10x12 rectangle.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, spread over dough leaving a space at the edge.
- Roll from short side, pinch to where it meets to seal.
- Place in loaf pan, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- When oven is ready bake for 30-40 minutes ovens may vary.
Fantastic!! This made a perfect loaf of bread. I like the ease of using the bread machine to mix the dough. The directions were easy to follow and it was baked to a beautiful golden brown in 30 minutes. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe makes a very delicious bread! I took it to my co-workers surprise birthday dinner as part of her birthday present but the smells of freshly baked bread, cinnamon and raisins were too irresistible for her and she ended up slicing and serving it before we all had appetizers and dinner! :) without a doubt will make this bread again! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. ;)
This turned out great for me. I made the dough up in the evening and then put it in a zip-loc bag overnight in the refrigerator. The next evening I took it out, brought it to room temperature and rolled the dough out as described in the directions. The dough was easy to handle and baked into a beautiful cinnamon swirl loaf.