Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fabulous copycat version of Hardees Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits! My family was upset when Hardees moved out of our area, but they're happy once again with these biscuits! I found this recipe on the internet.
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Mix bisquick, buttermilk, raisins, cinnamon and sugar until dough forms. Turn onto a floured board and knead 1-2 minutes.
- Roll about 1/2" thick then cut into round biscuits. Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 400* or until lightly browned (I'm guessing at the temperature!). Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze and enjoy!
I am not a biscuit maker and these turned out very nice for a breakfast treat this morning. I even did the glaze!! I baked 10 min @ 400, might try 425 the next time. Might also try with other dried fruit. Again another easy to put together recipe with on hand ingredients. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009
This is certainly simple and quite fast to put together. The biscuits rose up nicely and were yummy. I will use more cinnamon next time and maybe increase the heat a bit. As others mentioned, this might be really good with dried fruit peel too. I used regular bisquick because that is what I had on hand. I will definitely make this again. Thx for sharing!
These were very tasty but I felt they did not have the light consistency of the Hardees biscuits. I may try them as a drop biscuit next time instead of kneading them and rolling them out.