Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
They are sooooo good
- 1 ounce bran flakes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup tonic water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place cereal into blender. Add cinnamon and brown sugar and blend.
- for about 3 seconds or until crumbled, but not powdered. Empty into.
- small bowl. Stir in melted butter with fork until mixture is completely.
- softened. Set aside. For biscuit dough, use a 2 quart mixing bowl.
- Stir Bisquick together with sugar and raisins. Put buttermilk, tonic,.
- and vanilla into measuring cup without stirring and pour into Bisquick.
- mixture. Use a fork to mix until all of the liquid is absorbed. Knead.
- in the bowl with hands, dipping into additional Bisquick, to make dough.
- smooth and no longer stick. Break dough up into 4 or 5 portions in the.
- bowl. Sprinkle the flake mixture over the dough and then work it into.
- it with your hands until most of it is evenly distributed throughout.
- Marbleize the dough more than just mix the flake mixture inches Divide.
- into 12 equal parts and shape each into 1/2 inch thick patty, arranging.
- together in 2 Pam sprayed 8 inch round cake pans. Bake at 400F for 20 25.
- minutes or until evenly golden. Remove and top with icing.
- With an electric mixer beat on high speed, 2 Tbls. melted butter,.
- 1 teas. vanilla, 2 Tbls. sour cream, and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- until smooth. Place one tablespoon icing on each hot biscuit.
- Allow to melt slightly and then swirl to cover top surface.