1 hr 10 mins
Andrew Mollmann's Note:
I had never had beer bread before and this looked delicious. I found this on a forum and decided to give it a shot. The baking made the whole house smell delicious and the taste was great! This makes a very dense bread, so slice it thin. It is almost fat free! I calculated it to have about 0.4g fat per 1/2" slice. In addition to being fat free, it is also egg and dairy free. I didn't experience any deflating. Makes a 8" x 4" loaf. *For the gluten free flour, I used Bette Hagman's mix: 2 parts garfava bean flour, 1 part sorghum flour, 3 parts cornstarch, and 3 parts tapioca flour. I used a bottle of New Grist beer: http://www.newgrist.com/ which I think tastes much better than Red Bridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix flour, xanthan gum, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- 3Make a well in center of bowl and slowly add beer and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
- 4Fold in raisins.
- 5Pour into greased 8" x 4" loaf pan. This should fill the pan about 5/6th of the way. Allow for about 2-3" rising during baking.
- 6Bake for about 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. I took mine out too soon and the middle was a tad soggy.
- 7Cool on wire rack in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool to room temp before storing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Raisin Beer Bread (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 288.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: