1/4 Photos of Cinnamon Raisin Bagels (Bread Machine)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Hot from the oven or toasted these bagels are great! for a flavor change, soak the raisins in your favorite sweet liquor instead of water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raisins, presoaked
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 3 1/3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1Soak the raisins in warm water for 10 minutes.
- 2Drain and pat dry.
- 3Toss with cinnamon and sugar, then place in machine with other ingredients.
- 4Remove dough from the machine after the first knead- approximately 20- 30 minutes.
- 5Place dough on floured surface.
- 6Divide into 8 parts.
- 7Form balls, gently press thumb through center of ball and slowly stretch into bagel shape.
- 8While bagels rise, bring 3 quarts water and 1 TBS sugar to a rapid boil in a large sauce pan.
- 9Drop test dough (see first success hint).
- 10Using slotted spoon, drop 2-3 bagels into rapidly boiling water.
- 11Boil on each side for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 12Remove and cool on rack 1 minute, brush with egg wash.
- 13Bake at 400°F on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal, until golden brown- approximately 15 minutes.
- 14Bagel Success Hints: When forming bagels, set aside two 1/4" balls of dough.
- 15When bagels have doubled in size, drop the test dough into boiling water.
- 16Dough should pop to the top right away.
- 17When this happens, it is time to boil the bagels.
- 18A quick spray of non-stick vegetable coating on the top of the bagel may be substituted for the egg wash.
- 19To make bagel chips, slice leftover bagels horizontally into thin slices.
- 20Brush with butter or margarine on one side.
- 21Lay (butter side up) on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 325°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Raisin Bagels (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g