Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Healthy Across America.
- 4 cups nonfat milk (or 1/2 or 2%)
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup packed raisins
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9" square baking dish.
- In heavy saucepan, heat the milk to boiling.
- Whisk in cornmeal and cook and stir until thick (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in eggs, raisins, and apples.
- Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes.