1/1 Photo of Cinnamon, Raisin and Toasted Nut Spread
From Lowfat Living cookbook. Wonderful spread on whole grain bread. Try this on slices of Granny Smith apples! Ideal for car trips, brunches or picnics!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened (or 1 cup tofu cream cheese)
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raisins (read *NOTE) or 1/4 cup currants (read *NOTE)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or 1/4 cup toasted almonds or 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1*NOTE: If you wish, you can coarsely chop the raisins before adding to the other ingredients. I preferred the texture better when the raisins were chopped.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, maple syrup, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- 3Stir in the raisins and nuts. Cover well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon, Raisin and Toasted Nut Spread
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 43.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g