Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My own adaptation of the muffin recipe on the side of the Kellogg's All-Bran box. I use splenda instead of sugar, and I only use half of what the original recipe asks for. The muffins may not look that appetizing, but they taste amazing!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use 1/4 cup splenda)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I usually use a little less)
- 2 cups Kellogg's all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 apple, diced into small pieces. (I use honeycrisp or fuji)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- (Preheat oven to 400 degrees F).
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's All-Bran cereal, milk, apple, and raisins. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal and raisins soften.
- Add egg and oil. Beat mixture well.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Mixture should be lumpy.
- Portion batter into twelve 2 and 1/2 inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray (or more muffin pans if there is extra batter left over).
- Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
An unpleansant hard crust formed on my muffins when I tried this recipe. The taste is good but the texture is very dense, it's like it's missing something. I think there too much All-Bran is used in this recipe...