Recipe by lsonntag
Found this on pinterest & I am making it as I write this...hoping it will be a snack/breakfast bar the kids will enjoy.
- 2 1⁄2 cups quinoa, cooked & cooled
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and place the quinoa in a large mixing bowl. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with lightly greased parchment.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, soy milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Add maple syrup (if using) and whisk.
- 3. Add egg mixture to cooked and cooled quinoa. Stir with a large spoon to combine. Pour into the parchment-lined baking dish and spread it around to ensure that it’s even.
- 4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until set and golden.
- 5. Using parchment, remove bake from pan as soon as possible so that it doesn’t steam.
- 6. Cool completely and cut into squares. Serve with a dollop of nut butter.