Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy and easy! Good with a cup of tea in the afternoon when energy levels are running low!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Filling: Mix and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and salt together, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle 1/3 of sugar/cinnamon topping over this.
- Repeat twice more with layers of batter and sugar/cinnamon.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan then turn out to cool completely.
I made this today as a treat for myself. It mixes up easily. My batter did not "pour" into the pan, and I didn't know how I was going to spread it because it was fairly thick. I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to do so. I sprinkled the filling over the batter that I "dropped" in, and it spread very easily with a spoon. A very nice coffee cake. thank you for sharing this recipe.
This is easy to make and has great flavor and texture. I make a bread every week for my DH and this is going to be in the rotation now. Thanks so much for the recipe.
What a great coffee bread! I put in 2/3 cup chopped walnuts in the dough and then layered it as you directed. My husband and I just had some with afternoon coffee and it is delicious. Thanks, Carole