Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my SIL. It's easy to make, delicious, and the loaves make great gifts.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon burnt sugar flavoring
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small dish and set aside.
- Beat together all of the remaining ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spray the bottoms and sides of two loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Pour one fourth of the batter into each of the two pans.
- Sprinkle one fourth of the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the batter in each pan.
- Pour the remaining batter over the sugar/cinnamon, dividing equally between the pans, then sprinkle the tops with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, swirl the cinnamon mixture through the batter (do not overmix).
- Bake 40 minutes at 350°F until tester comes out clean.
I made this as a "thank you" to Flowrbx for the Camera-less Chef game. I served it for brunch this past weekend and my family really enjoyed it. I couldn't find the burnt sugar flavoring either, so I took the other reviewer's suggestions in making a substitute. This was really delicous served alongside fresh fruit, sausage and eggs. Thanks bunches for sharing the recipe!
This bread was fantastic. I never used a cake mix for bread before. I did not have the burnt sugar flavoring, I thought (I had every flavoring, extract or oil made)so I melted about 1-2 tablespoons of sugar in a small pan, until it turned brown. I put in a small pat of butter, stired that then added a little water (maybe 2 teaspoons). I didn't measure anything. It foamed up and I kept stiring until I had kind of a syrup. Added that to the batter. My house smelled wonderful as this was baking. I couldn't wait until it cooled, I cut a slice as soon as I took it out of the oven. Thank you so much for such a wonderful recipe.