Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I haven't made this pie yet, but I think I will try it for Thanksgiving. Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- In small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 45-50 minutes longer or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. You may want to cover crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- I like my pumpkin pie chilled before serving.