Recipe by huskerlayd
Tip: If you cut smaller portions, you'll cut the calories! Great desert to serve groups.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, water, applesauce, 1 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan (or whatever) coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, remaining cinnamon and enough milk to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake.