Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Yummy cinnamon bread
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- light brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar. I just mix a little at a time till I get the taste I want.
- Icing: pour powdered sugar into bowl. Add the milk a capful at a time while stirring until icing is thin enough to drizzle.
- thaw bread until it rises (the fast way to do that is to preheat the oven to 200°F Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil on the stove top. Once the oven is heated, turn it off. Place the water in an oven-safe dish and put it on the bottom rack. Lightly grease a loaf pan. Put in the frozen loaf) this should only take about a hour to a hour and a half to rise.
- After it has risen, remove the bread and punch down. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in the butter and then the cinnamon and sugars; place in the loaf pan.
- Cover bottom with the balls and continue to build up until no balls are left.
- Put back into the warm oven and let rise until the dough reaches the top--about 30 minutes to a hour.
- Remove the pan of water; take out the dough and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put back in oven and bake until golden brown--about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then drizzle icing over while still warm.
One word: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm