Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Similar to Monkey bread, but a little different. I have seen so many that utilize pre-made things. I like homemade so here is my take. It looks long, but is actually really simple and worth it in the end - simply delicious.
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- 314.66 ml warm water (100-115 degrees)
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml salt
- 828.06 ml flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml water
- Active yeast in the warm water with the sugar, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, oil with the yeast.
- Use dough hook on mixer for 5-6 minutes. OR if by hand, flour a surface and hand and knead for 7-10 minute -- til elastic like.
- Coat a large bowl in oil, place dough in and flip to coat so it doesn't dry out, cover with clean dish cloth.
- Set in a warm place (60-80 degrees) to rise for 1 1/2-2 hours, or til doubled in size. I usually turn my oven on for 2 minutes on the lowest setting then turn off and use it to raise my dough.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat butter, brown sugar and water.
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Once dough is risen, punch down. Make small balls of dough about 2-3cm in diameter. Coat in sugar-cinnamon mixture, placing in a bundt pan, and repeat til all your dough is gone.
- Pour heated mixture over dough balls, bake for 25-30 min at 350.
I submitted my review before i gave this five stars... I hope this will not mess up the rating of this recipe, because this one just deserves five stars!<br/><br/>Very easy to follow, and the result is wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :)
I registered on Food.com just so I can rate this recipe - 5 stars! I really wanted to make monkey bread because my daughter has never had it. Nearly every recipe I found online used pre-made biscuit dough. I don't like doing that - I like to make my own. This recipe is perfect! And the turnout was delicious! The only thing I did different was add vanilla extract instead of water to the caramel sauce. Very easy to make, too! Thank you!
We did this for our daughters science project..... It was her first time making any yeast based breads and this was super simple for her and came out wonderful!!! She wants to make it again this weekend!! Thanks for sharing!