Similar to Monkey bread, but a little different. I have seen so many that utilize pre-made things. I like homemade so here is my take. It looks long, but is actually really simple and worth it in the end - simply delicious.
- Active yeast in the warm water with the sugar, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, oil with the yeast.
- Use dough hook on mixer for 5-6 minutes. OR if by hand, flour a surface and hand and knead for 7-10 minute -- til elastic like.
- Coat a large bowl in oil, place dough in and flip to coat so it doesn't dry out, cover with clean dish cloth.
- Set in a warm place (60-80 degrees) to rise for 1 1/2-2 hours, or til doubled in size. I usually turn my oven on for 2 minutes on the lowest setting then turn off and use it to raise my dough.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat butter, brown sugar and water.
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Once dough is risen, punch down. Make small balls of dough about 2-3cm in diameter. Coat in sugar-cinnamon mixture, placing in a bundt pan, and repeat til all your dough is gone.
- Pour heated mixture over dough balls, bake for 25-30 min at 350.