Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was featured in an email from the www.mccormick.com website. Easy and only 4 ingredients! :-) "This recipe, also known as Monkey Bread, is so delectable that everyone will be clamoring for seconds."
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 (7 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix sugar and cinnamon in plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 pieces at a time in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place biscuit pieces in greased 10-cup Bundt pan.
- Mix leftover cinnamon sugar mixture with melted butter. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.
I found a couple of cans of almost out-dated biscuits at the grocery store and since I'm such a bargain shopper I couldn't pass them up. Came home to find a way to use them. They were two 12 oz cans and weren't the 'grand' size so when i cut them into fourths, I stacked two on top of one another then cut into fourths so instead of 8 pieces I got four.
Took it to work and baked it in the break room oven and as everyone came to work they were greeted by the wonderful aroma. No leftovers by the end of the day!!
Found this on a McCormick holiday recipe handout at the grocery store. I made them for breakfast this morning and they were great! I could not find the biscuits in sizes as described so bought 2 packages coming to 24 oz and it worked just fine. Everything else was as written. I'm sure we'll finish the leftovers tomorrow.