Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was in a Kraft magazine. It is like a Monkey Bread. It is really good!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese (for glaze)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Preeat oven to 350*. Cut biscuit dough into quarters with scissors.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Roll dough in cinnamon sugar.
- Place half of biscuits into greased 12-cup fluted tube pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the melted butter. Top with remaining biscuit quarters and melted butter.
- Top unbaked loaf with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture in bowl. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile prepare glaze. Let loaf stand 5 minutes.,invert onto plate.
- Glaze: 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar in bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Add 1-2 tablespoons milk, beating until desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon over warm loaf.
Great last minute treat that is so easy to put together for your family. I didn't have any cream cheese so I just made a glaze out of 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of almond flavoring and about 1 Tbsp. of milk. (tweek the milk to make the right consistancy so it's medium thick.) Thanks for the recipe DoryJean54!
This is so good. Easier than going t all the trouble of making it from scratch yet tastes so totally homemade. easy weekend breakfast treat.
Great taste and easy to make:)