Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so delicious. Reserved for special occasions.
- 3 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup sugar, and egg in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to sugar mixture alternately with whipping cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Pour remaining 3 cups oil into a heavy saucepan; heat to 325-350 degrees (deep-fat thermometer).
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and fry in batches, 4 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over puffs.
These were awesome, thank you! Made them for brunch with my family, so great when paired with hot coffee.