Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I got this recipe on line. It's a diffent kind of scone beacuse it's rolled jelly roll style. Make this the night before and slice and bake in the mornig.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into pieces, chilled
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and cream and add to the flour mixture. Mix until just blended together.
- Turn out the batter onto a lightly floured board and knead for 1 minute. Roll dough into a rectangle approximately 8 x 12 inches.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Combine filling ingredients (pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sour cream). Spread filling evenly on the dough. Roll up, jelly-roll fashion, and seal the long seam by pinching it together lightly with your fingers. Roll may be refrigerated overnight.
- Cut the roll into twelve 1-inch thick slices.
- Lay slices on the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until scones are golden.