Recipe by Roni0907
My grandma always takes along this cake when we go fishing. It starts with a box mix and with a few added ingredients turns into the moistest and richest-tasting cake ever. Perfect for brunches, potlucks and Christmas morning too - can even wrap up in saran wrap with a pretty bow!
Top Review by MommyOh
haven't tried this yet, but it sounds similar to one I had at a brunch this weekend, and starting with a mix sounds great. I will try adding about 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the sugar filling. hope this is copycat enough to work. Thanks for the submission.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- In small bowl, mix the 1 Tablespoon sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs well. Add rest of ingredients and beat until smooth (about 4 minutes)
- Pour 1/3 of batter into greased bundt pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of sugar mixture. Add another 1/3 of batter followed by remaining sugar mixture. Add last 1/3 of batter.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.