1 hr 5 mins
mary ellen b's Note:
This recipe has been in my family for many years. I make them often and hope they will be a hit with your family too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and mashed potatoes.
- 2Add water and yeast; mix well.
- 3Cover and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
- 4Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients and set aside.
- 5Stir dough down;mix in butter, eggs and salt.
- 6Gradually stir in flour.
- 7Turn out onto a lightly floured surface;knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 8Divide dough in half.
- 9On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 12in.
- 10by 12 inch square.
- 11Divide filling and spread over each square to within 1 inch of the edges.
- 12Roll up jelly-roll style.
- 13Place in a greased 9 by 9inch baking pan.
- 14Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 15Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- 16Drizzle with a confectioners sugar icing if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Potato Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (4083 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.2
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 356.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g