Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
From Pillsbury.com. I made these a few years ago for a cookie exchange and they were a hit! They take a little time to make but they are so adorable!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon miniature chocolate chip (96, or mini M &M's)
- 48 red cinnamon candies (or mini M & M's)
- In large bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and cinnamon; blend well. Cover dough with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. For each cookie, shape dough into 1 inch ball; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. Shape dough into 3 (1/4 inch) balls. Place 2 of the balls above and touching larger ball for ears and 1 ball on top to resemble snout. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Lightly sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar. Press 2 chocolate chips into each cookie for eyes and 1 cinnamon candy for nose.
I got this reicpe out of a book and I make these cookies every year. They are really very good and so cute to fill the tray up with little faces. My grandkids just love making them and they do well if you want to use mini m&m's for the eyes. I found that using the mini chips you have to put them in the freezer to set the chocolate. So easy, so fun, so tasty! Not a really sweet cookie.