Recipe by lauralie41
A very simple and quick dessert that was adapted from an international recipe website. This recipe will also be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 Swap, Britain.
Top Review by Sath Fawcett
Needed to use up a whole tub of plums, and this recipe was perfect for it. At first my topping mixture didn't want to crumble, presumably because I use wholemeal flour, which is not as fine as plain flour. So I just added more dry ingredients until I had the right texture. Ended up with around 150g of oats, and 120g of wholemeal flour. Turned out great. Hubby ate it and he doesn't even usually like dessert!
- 1 lb plum, 500g
- 4 ounces sugar, 100g
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, ground and level teaspoons
- 3 ounces flour, 75g
- 4 ounces rolled oats, 100g
- 4 ounces butter, 100g
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325F or 170°C Wash, halve and remove the pit from the plums. Place plums in a shallow, ovenproof dish, sprinkle them with 50g/2oz of the sugar and 1 teasp of the cinnamon.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour and remaining cinnamon. With a fork or clean fingertips, cut in or rub together the butter into the flour and cinnamon mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats and remaining sugar, spoon the mixture lightly over the plums and smooth over the top.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until the crumble topping is crispy and golden brown, the plums tender.