Use a purchased refrigerated pizza dough or use your own favorite recipe. The success of these pizza sticks with fully depend on the quality of your pizza dough, may I say that if you are using your homemade pizza dough prepare your dough using vegetable oil in place of olive oil. If you use a large amount of pizza dough then double all ingredients. Yield will depend on how large you cut the dough sticks and the size of prepared dough you use.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the prepared pizza dough into a large rectangle.
- Brush the melted butter over the dough.
- In a small cup combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture liberally over the pizza dough.
- Slice the dough into either long strips, or cut in half and then slice into small sticks (the small ones are easier to handle).
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until done.
- While the pizza sticks are baking, whisk the icing ingredients together until smooth, adding more icing sugar or whipping cream to achieve desired consistency.
- Dip the pizza sticks in the icing.