Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Invite your neighbour for a nice hot cup of coffee and serve this special treasure! This type of cinnamon sweetbread is just perfect with coffee! Great when you get the craving for a cinnamon bun but you prefer not to do all the work. Recipe from a lipton cookbook.Enjoy!!!
- 2⁄3 cup cinnamon spread
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon spread(I use monarch cinnamon spread and it is located near the peanut butter and jam isle of the grocery store)combine with the brown sugar.
- Place half of this mixture in a greased 8 inch square pan, blend in water. Bake at 375 for one minute or until cinnamon mixture has softened; blend well. Remove from oven.
- Arrange cherry halves in rows on cinnamon mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk with a fork until it forms a dough. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Roll into a 9X12 inch rectangle. Spread remaining cinnamon mixture and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts evenly over dough. Roll up jelly roll style from the long side. Cut into twelve 1-inch pieces. Place each pinwheel slice on top of each marashino cherry in baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn out, upside down, immediately onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
This was easier than I thought. I will make this again.