1/2 Photos of Cinnamon Pinwheel Coffee Cake
Chef Decadent1's Note:
Invite your neighbour for a nice hot cup of coffee and serve this special treasure! This type of cinnamon sweetbread is just perfect with coffee! Great when you get the craving for a cinnamon bun but you prefer not to do all the work. Recipe from a lipton cookbook.Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine cinnamon spread(I use monarch cinnamon spread and it is located near the peanut butter and jam isle of the grocery store)combine with the brown sugar.
- 2Place half of this mixture in a greased 8 inch square pan, blend in water. Bake at 375 for one minute or until cinnamon mixture has softened; blend well. Remove from oven.
- 3Arrange cherry halves in rows on cinnamon mixture.
- 4In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk with a fork until it forms a dough. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- 5Roll into a 9X12 inch rectangle. Spread remaining cinnamon mixture and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts evenly over dough. Roll up jelly roll style from the long side. Cut into twelve 1-inch pieces. Place each pinwheel slice on top of each marashino cherry in baking pan.
- 6Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn out, upside down, immediately onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Pinwheel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 288.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: