Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't remember where I found this..I think online somewhere..It's a tender, flakey treat...I'm saving it here so I can make them this year. They look a ltttle different, not a typical round or bar cookie, a long slender twist cookie.
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (about 9 ounces)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Combine sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in a mini-chopper and process until sandy.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Unfold pastry and brush with egg.
- Spread sugar mixture over pastry. Cut in half, then cut into 8 (1/2-inch-wide) strips.
- Twist strips. Lay on pans, pushing ends down with your thumb. Freeze 10 to 15 minutes, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake until golden, rotating pans halfway, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
I made these today and they were very good and very easy to make. I did have some problems with the bake time. I put them in for 15 minutes and it was really too long as a couple of them were on the verge of burning. Next time, I would really watch them starting at about 12 minutes or so. Except for that, I had no other problems. I plan to make these again for Christmas. Thanks for posting!!