1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Pecan Rolls
1 hr 30 mins
I adopted this from the recipezaar account. I HAVE made this recipe, though! They are absolutely delicious! Give this one a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 -5 cups unbleached all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped pecans or 2 cups walnuts
- 1In a small saucepan, scald the milk.
- 2Pour hot milk over the granulated sugar, salt and 1/2 cup of butter.
- 3Cool to lukewarm.
- 4In the bowl of an electric mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 5Let sit for 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
- 6Add milk mixture to yeast and stir to mix.
- 7With a whisk, beat in eggs.
- 8Fit your mixer with a dough hook, add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing until smooth.
- 9Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 10Knead, adding small amounts of flour as necessary until the dough is smooth and elastic but not sticky.
- 11Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 12Punch down.
- 13Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- 14Roll dough into a rectangle about 15x22 inches.
- 15In a small bowl mix together the melted butter and brown sugar, Using a spatula, spread this over the dough up to 1/2 inch from the edges.
- 16Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over the sugar and butter.
- 17Top with a layer of nuts.
- 18Roll dough up lenghthwise to make a log and pinch edge to seal.
- 19Slice dough evenly into 12 pieces.
- 20Place each piece cut side down on baking sheets 1 inch apart and let rise, covered with parchment or plastic for 15 minutes.
- 21Bake rolls until lightly browned on top- about 30 minutes.
- 22Remove from oven To prepare icing, beat 4 tablespoons of butter with the powdered sugar and lemon juice until fluffy.
- 23Using a spatula, smear the icing on top of the warm rolls.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Pecan Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.2
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g