Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These go great with a cup of coffee!
Make and share this Cinnamon Pecan Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more than 1 teaspoon if desired)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups Or use muffin liners.
- In a bowl, sift first 7 ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; mix slightly until combined.
- Add the milk/oil mixture to the dry ingredients; stirring JUST until combined (don't overmix, lumps in the batter is okay).
- Add in the chopped pecans and/or chocolate chips.
- Spoon 2/3 full into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
You are right, these do go great with a cup of coffee, because they are not really sweet! ThanksKitt!
Oh Kit! These are soooo good!! Didn't use any pecans but used leftover Christmas chocolate chips (red and green). Thanks Kit!!
Everyday my DH takes a store bought granola bar to work as breakfast- I decided that I could just as easily make some muffins for the family. I chose this recipe based on the ingredients I happened to have around the house, and I love cinnamon! These muffins were easy to make and taste wonderful. I doubled the cinnman, I was out of nutmeg so I used allspice and only used half the recommended amount of pecans and chips. I will definately be making these again! Next time I plan to make a double batch so I can freeze some.