Recipe by Milwaukee Girl in the South
One of my college roommates introduced me to this deliciously moist cake. It is a wonderful cake to serve at a brunch or pot luck dinner. For ultimate moistness make the cake a day ahead of time.
Top Review by cookingpompom
This is AMAZING!!!! I had guests for dinner (a total of 9) and I wanted a dessert I could make the day before (one less thing to do) I made mine in a 20 x 20 inch square tin (my bunt tin is too small). I got 25 slices of heaven and all are gone! I used my own butter cake recipe (not box mixes in the house) other wise, made as written. The topping turns ever so crunchy, the cake moist and delicious (I poked holes over the hot cake and poured the glaze over the top and down the holes). I will make this again and again. Thanks for the post
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the batter ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat according to directions on the box.
- In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a well-greased bundt pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the topping over the batter. Repeat twice until batter & topping are used.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Turn out onto cake plate while still hot.
- Mix together glaze ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour glaze over the hot cake.