Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This takes a little effort but boy this is sure delicious. I only make this for extra, extra special occasions.
- 4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips (I use Hershey's)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup cinnamon baking chips (I use Hershey's)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center, and add whipping cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn biscuit dough out onto a sheet of wax paper, and pat dough into 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter.
- Place biscuits in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Reshape remaining dough, and repeat procedure.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan immediately.
- Serve with Cinnamon Butter.
- Cinnamon Butter: Beat butter at medium speed with and electric mixer until creamy.
- Microwave cinnamon chips and whipping cream in a glass bowl at HIGH, 1 minute, stirring once.
- Stir until blended; cool.
- Stir together butter and cinnamon mixture; cover and chill.
- Serve at room temperature.
I used half and half instead of the cream with great results. They were so delicious for breakfast this morning! I loved the nuts and can't imagine them without them. These will be made often, guaranteed!
"Oh my God, these are sooooo good!" That's what we all kept saying as we ate these biscuits. I usually make scones from scratch and it takes a bit of time! Not only were these easy and fast, but at least a 10-stars rating.I added a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to the batter and needed a little more than the specified amt of cream. I brushed the biscuits with cream and sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar before baking. My family, especially my puppies, thanks you NurseDi, delicious !!!!
These were great! I used some new maple chips instead of the cinnamon and left out the pecans for my daughter. I also used milk and half/half instead of cream. Thank you!