Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This takes a little effort but boy this is sure delicious. I only make this for extra, extra special occasions.
Top Review by wholelottagall
I used half and half instead of the cream with great results. They were so delicious for breakfast this morning! I loved the nuts and can't imagine them without them. These will be made often, guaranteed!
- 4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips (I use Hershey's)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup cinnamon baking chips (I use Hershey's)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center, and add whipping cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn biscuit dough out onto a sheet of wax paper, and pat dough into 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter.
- Place biscuits in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Reshape remaining dough, and repeat procedure.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan immediately.
- Serve with Cinnamon Butter.
- Cinnamon Butter: Beat butter at medium speed with and electric mixer until creamy.
- Microwave cinnamon chips and whipping cream in a glass bowl at HIGH, 1 minute, stirring once.
- Stir until blended; cool.
- Stir together butter and cinnamon mixture; cover and chill.
- Serve at room temperature.