1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Pears in Apple Juice-Canning
A healthy way to can pears. This can be used for people on restricted diets. Adapted from the Ball Blue Book of Canning.
My Private Note
pound p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel pears, and cut into halves and core.
- 2Treat to prevent darkening(I submerge them in lemon juice and a little water).
- 3Drain; rinse and drain again.
- 4Cook pears in water one layer at a time until hot throughout.
- 5Heat the apple juice just to a boil.
- 6Pack hot pears into hot jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- 7Place 1 cinnamon stick in each jar.
- 8Ladle hot apple juice over pears, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- 9Remove air bubbles(I do this with a knife).
- 10Adjust two piece caps.
- 11Process pints 20 minutes in a boiling water canner. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Pears in Apple Juice-Canning
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g