A healthy way to can pears. This can be used for people on restricted diets. Adapted from the Ball Blue Book of Canning.
- Peel pears, and cut into halves and core.
- Treat to prevent darkening(I submerge them in lemon juice and a little water).
- Drain; rinse and drain again.
- Cook pears in water one layer at a time until hot throughout.
- Heat the apple juice just to a boil.
- Pack hot pears into hot jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- Place 1 cinnamon stick in each jar.
- Ladle hot apple juice over pears, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- Remove air bubbles(I do this with a knife).
- Adjust two piece caps.
- Process pints 20 minutes in a boiling water canner. Enjoy!