Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Easy tasty homemade cake. My husband loved it and he is not dessert eater. It freezes well for 3-4 weeks. I think this recipe was created by Robin Hood Flour people.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup apples or 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large pears, peeled and thinly sliced (or firm apples)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- icing sugar
- CAKE: Preheat oven 350°F
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pane.
- Combine first four ingredients.
- Beat eggs, oil, juice and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, beating until smooth (batter will be stiff).
- FILLING: spread 1/3 batter in prepared pan.
- Cover with half of pears (apples. Repeat layers.
- Spread remaining 1/3 batter on top.
- BAKE in center of 350F oven for 70-75 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes in pan then remove to rack and cool completely.
- If desired, dust with icing sugar before serving.
Wonderful cake! Like the other reviewer I made this to serve as a coffee cake and it really worked well for that. I froze half of it for another day. I used a mixture of 2 red pears and 2 apples and the apple juice option. The cake has a wonderful cinnamon flavor. Thank you for sharing your recipe! *Reviewed for PAC Fall '07*
WOW! I did not serve this for dessert but for breakfast as a coffee cake. We loved this and I will make this again!