Recipe by Rachel Lynn
I got this recipe out of my mother's Spririt of Christmas Cookbook. I always use the smooth peanut butter since we don't keep the crunchy on hand and it comes out just fine.
Top Review by Wildflour
THESE are AWESOOOOOOME!!!! Moist, chewy, cinnamony, and the edges aren't dry like a lot of brownie recipes! :) A sure keeper!!! I used Peter Pan Creamy, and next time I might add some chocolate chips, nuts and or raisins! But REALLY good just as is!!! :) I baked them for the full 25 minutes and that worked out perfectly! :) Thanks Rach! :) (Made for the Fall Pick-a-Chef!) :)
- 1⁄4 butter or 1⁄4 margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add to butter mixture and stir until moistened. Stir in peanut butter.
- Spread in a greased 7x11-inch greased baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until it is set in the center. Cool completely and cut in squares.