Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe out of my mother's Spririt of Christmas Cookbook. I always use the smooth peanut butter since we don't keep the crunchy on hand and it comes out just fine.
- 1⁄4 butter or 1⁄4 margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add to butter mixture and stir until moistened. Stir in peanut butter.
- Spread in a greased 7x11-inch greased baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until it is set in the center. Cool completely and cut in squares.
THESE are AWESOOOOOOME!!!! Moist, chewy, cinnamony, and the edges aren't dry like a lot of brownie recipes! :) A sure keeper!!! I used Peter Pan Creamy, and next time I might add some chocolate chips, nuts and or raisins! But REALLY good just as is!!! :) I baked them for the full 25 minutes and that worked out perfectly! :) Thanks Rach! :) (Made for the Fall Pick-a-Chef!) :)
Just made these like an hour ago. My mother wanted something sweet and we have few things to make something, so I got on the net and found this little recipe. Ate them completely warm. And they were great! My family loves them! Added an extra tsp of cinnamon and did 1/2 cup of peanut butter instead of a 1/4. Family loves peanut butter. ^^ They are just perfect! Something new and something to make again and again!
These are really good! Not the expected flavor combo but it works so well. They are irresistible :)