Recipe by JenniferK2
I got this recipe from the Food TV network - it's delicious! I make to give as gifts for Christmas.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups peanuts (roasted, salted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, sugar, cream of tartar and corn syrup in a medium-size heavy saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. After it boils, stir the mixture occasionally. Boil the mixture until it reaches 340°. The color should be deep golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and, working quickly, stir in the cinnamon with a wooden spoon. Stir in the butter until melted, then the peanuts and baking soda.
- Pour the mixture onto an oiled cookie sheet with sides and spread it out a bit with the back of a wooden spoon, to about 1/4-inch thickness (it may not fill the whole pan).
- Let harden, uncovered, in a cool place, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once cool, break the brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container.