Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful simple recipe, great for gift giving!
Make and share this Cinnamon Pancake Mix in a jar recipe from Food.com.
- In a 1 quart jar, combine all ingredients; seal jar, you can also add dried fruits (apples are especially good!) this can be done,if necessary,to fill any gaps if the jar isnt full.
- Be sure to attach the following directions with your jar.
- DIRECTIONS: In medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup milk, 1 egg, and 2 Tablespoons salad oil.
- With fork, blend in 1-1/3 cups pancake mix until moistened but still lumpy.
- Cook on lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- Makes about 10 5" pancakes.
This is very simaler to my grandma slaght pancake mix. The only difference is that she used (170g or) 1 + 1/4 cup mix to: 1 egg, 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon oil. Thanks for posting this classic!
Made for the September Breakfast Photo Challenge. I'm not rating it till I actually make the pancakes but the ease of the mix is so fun to make and decorate...I plan to give some jars to my family for Thanksgiving! Edited to say: I increased the milk to 1 cup because it was just a bit too thick. I also added a splash of vanilla.This is so versatile...I made banana pancakes for thehusband and added chocolate chips with peanut butter chips for my son. Awesome!
I find that when making the pancakes, use 1 to 1 ratio mix to milk (you still need the egg and oil of course). When I made them according to the original recipe, the batter was WAY to thick and the pancakes would be raw inside. The pancakes themselves were good the way I made them, but I might want to leave out the cinnamon from the mix and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the cooked pancakes.