Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Smells and tastes delicious
Top Review by Jenna Naquin
Oh dear me. I made this for breakfast last weekend and we could barely wait for it to come out of the oven. Wonderful smell. We let it cool slightly but ate it warm with a little drizzle of melted butter. The orange and cinnamon flavors were pure heaven. The bread had a very tender texture. Awesome in our opinion. Thank you Nurse di.
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and 1 cup sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Mix together the ground cinnamon, orange rind and remaining sugar; set 1 tablespoon aside for topping.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over batter.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Cut through batter with a knife to make the swirl.
- Sprinkle with reserve cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan; remove from pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.