Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are delicious. We snacked on them while making Thanksgiving dinner. The original post on About.com recommends serving them with Café au lait for breakfast. Feel free to use sugar instead of Splenda if you want.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Grease 6 popover molds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Whisk in remaining wet ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the prepared molds halfway full and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for an additional 20-30 minutes, until the popovers puff-up and turn golden-brown.
- Serve immediately.
Pretty good! I will decrease the cinnamon next time, though. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012