Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yummy Granola, tastes great sprinkled over some yogurt or just as a snack on its own. my husband likes to add raisins to his and I like to add dried bananas to mine.
- preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats and nuts(the first 4 ingredients).
- in a medium bowl, mix the remaining 8 ingredients.
- pour the contents of the medium bowl over the oat/nut mixture.
- I usually start out mixing with a spoon, and then once the majority of the moisture has been absorbed, I start mixing with my hands.
- once this is thoroughly mixed, spread out on to 2 large cookie sheets, place in the hot oven, turning the temperature down to 225 degrees for 30 minutes. (this first 30 minutes crisps and browns the granola).
- at the end of the first 30 minutes, gently stir granola and leave in 225 degree oven for another 30 minutes.
- after the second 30 minutes is over, repeat gentle stirring and leave in 225 degree oven for another 30 minutes.
- after the 3rd 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let the granola cool inside the closed oven.
- this oven time at a low temperature is a drying process. make sure that your granola is dry before placing it in storage containers. this can be frozen for several months, if you can keep it around that long!