2 hrs 20 mins
Chef #354543's Note:
Yummy Granola, tastes great sprinkled over some yogurt or just as a snack on its own. my husband likes to add raisins to his and I like to add dried bananas to mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the oats and nuts(the first 4 ingredients).
- 3in a medium bowl, mix the remaining 8 ingredients.
- 4pour the contents of the medium bowl over the oat/nut mixture.
- 5I usually start out mixing with a spoon, and then once the majority of the moisture has been absorbed, I start mixing with my hands.
- 6once this is thoroughly mixed, spread out on to 2 large cookie sheets, place in the hot oven, turning the temperature down to 225 degrees for 30 minutes. (this first 30 minutes crisps and browns the granola).
- 7at the end of the first 30 minutes, gently stir granola and leave in 225 degree oven for another 30 minutes.
- 8after the second 30 minutes is over, repeat gentle stirring and leave in 225 degree oven for another 30 minutes.
- 9after the 3rd 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let the granola cool inside the closed oven.
- 10this oven time at a low temperature is a drying process. make sure that your granola is dry before placing it in storage containers. this can be frozen for several months, if you can keep it around that long!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Orange Granola
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g