Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love orange and cinnamon together! Yum. You really don't need to chill these for as much time as the recipe calls for. 1 hour would be plenty. I chilled my dough overnight and had to wait for the dough to warm a little before it was able to be rolled out. Cut your cookies small. They do not spread as they cook. Nice shortbread-like cookie. Not too sweet and excellent with a cup of tea or hot chocolate. I double the zest and spices - it gives the cookies freckles. :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- In medium bowl, using electric mixer set on low, beat together butter and cream cheese. Beat in sugar . Add orange juice and peel.
- Add flour and spices, and beat until combined. Do not overbeat.
- Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into your favorite cookie shape.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet in preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.