Roll a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream in home-made candied pecans. Surround the ice cream with warm cinnamon apples and drizzle caramel over the top. Sprinkle fresh cinnamon-butter croutons on the dessert and you've got an irresistible clone of one of Outback's most popular menu items.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups cubed bushman bread or 2 cups Hawaiian bread or 2 cups pillsbury honey white bread
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1For candied pecans, combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Heat until mixture boils and all sugar granules are dissolved.
- 3Add chopped pecans to mixture and stir for 1 to 2 minutes over heat.
- 4Be sure that all pecans are well-coated.
- 5Pour mixture onto a large plate and continue to stir until mixture hardens and begins to break up.
- 6You should be able to separate all of the nuts.
- 7For the croutons, preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 8Pour the slice bread cubes onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the bread has turned light brown.
- 9Stir halfway through cooking time.
- 10Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 11Pour baked croutons into the pan and sauté until the bread is well-coated with butter.
- 12Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 13Sprinkle this mixture over the croutons while stirring so that the croutons are well-coated with cinnamon/sugar.
- 14Remove croutons from the heat and pour them onto a plate to cool.
- 15Prepare apples by carefully mixing them with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in a large bowl.
- 16You want to be sure you don't stir hard enough to break up the apples.
- 17Microwave the apple for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- 18To assemble the dessert for serving, first roll four cup-size scoops of ice cream in the pecan pieces.
- 19You can do this step ahead of time if you like, keeping the pecan-covered scoops in your freezer.
- 20Place an ice cream scoop onto a small plate, then pour about a tablespoon of caramel over the ice cream.
- 21Dribble another tablespoon around the base of the ice cream onto the plate.
- 22Spread the hot apples around the base of the ice cream being sure to divide them evenly amongst the four servings.
- 23Divide the croutons into four portions and sprinkle them on the apples around the base of the ice cream scoop on each plate.
- 24Spread a generous portion of whipped cream onto the top of each scoop of ice cream.
- 25Top off each dish with a fresh strawberry.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Oblivion
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1160.5
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 586.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 150.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 89.3 g
- Protein 11.2 g