Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons oatmeal, raw
- 3 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup water
- cinnamon, to taste
- Add oatmeal to 1/2 cup water in a bowl and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix in cottage cheese and cook again for 10 seconds to heat cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle on cinnamon and add slivered almonds on top of oatmeal.
I never would have thought of this combo. I had some leftover cottage cheese & wasn't sure what to use it for so thought I'd try this. I cut down the cheese to 1/2 cup & would probably make it only 1/3 cup next time. I used Splenda to sweeten also. THis was quite nice, the cottage cheese gives a creaminess without adding a lot of fat. Thanks!